In this article we will learn about the types of circuit breaker and their working. and also read how the arc quench in between two contact.
For know the type of circuit breaker we need know about the working of circuit breaker and their principle.
Working of circuit breakerThe circuit breaker are automatic switches which can interrupt fault current or over current. In some application like single phase traction system single pole circuit breaker are used. The part of the circuit breaker connected in one phase is called the pole. A circuit breaker suitable for three phase system is called a triple pole circuit breaker. So we can say simply that it is a switching device which switching operation decides on the basis of fault.
The fault clearing processes and arc extinguishedDuring the normal operating condition the circuit breaker can be opened or closed by a station operator for the purpose of switching and maintenance of circuit breaker. During the abnormal or faulty condition the rely scenes
Arc quenching processes
For identify the types of circuit breaker• Fault occurs. As the fault occurs the fault impedance being low, the currents increase and the rely gets actuated. The moving part of the rely move because of the increase in the operating torque. The rely take some time to close its contacts.
• Rely contacts close, the trip circuit of the circuit breaker closes and trip coil is energized.
• The operating mechanism starts operating operations. The circuit breaker contacts separate.
• Arc is drawn between the breaker contacts. The arc is extinguished in the circuit-breaker by suitable techniques. The current reaches final zero as arc is extinguished.
Types of circuit-breaker
The types of circuit breaker is based on arc quenching medium.
The AC circuit breaker can also classify on the basis of rated voltages. Circuit-breaker below rated voltage of 1000V is called low voltage circuit-breakers and above 1000V are called high voltage AC circuit breakers.
The type of the circuit-breaker is usually identified according to the medium of arc extinction. The classification of the circuit breaker based on the medium of arc extinction is as follows.
1. Air breaks circuit breaker/ miniature circuit-breaker.
2. Oil circuit-breaker ( tank type of bulk oil)
3. Minimum oil circuit-breaker
4. Air blast circuit-breaker
5. Sulphur hexa fluoride circuit breaker.( single pressure or double presser ).
hence it is the some types of circuit breaker if you will fined incorrect above please comment below.
for more know about type of circuit breaker please sea this video.