Site selection of Hydroelectric power plant
In site site selection of hydroelectric plant following point we should keep in mind.1. Availability of water
2. Water storage
3. Geological investigation
4. Water pollution
5. Sedimentation Environmental effect
6. Aces to site
1. availability of waterthe river run off data pertain to many years should be available so that and estimate of the power potential of the project and the made . the data should include minimum Flo and maximum flow and their periods.
2. Water storageBecause of white fluctuation in stream flows storage is needed most hydroelectric project to store the water during high flow periods and use it during the leading flow periods. the storage capacity can be calculated from the hydro graph.
3. Geological investigationIt is need to see that the foundation roof from the demand and other structure is stable and strong enough to with stand water thrust and other stress.
4. Water pollutionPolluted water may cause excessive corrosion and damage to metallic structure . this may make the operation of the plant un reliable and UN economical so it is necessary to sea the water is of good quality .
5. Sedimentationthe capacity of storage reserve wire is reduced dew to the gradual deposition of snit
snit may cause damage to turbine plate .